Accidents happen, and if you and your car are involved in one, you’ll want to get your life back on track right away. Taking your car in for repairs is the first step, but where should you go to get it fixed? The correct decision depends on the damage.
Fixing the Outside
Fender benders are seemingly minor accidents, but they can cause extensive damage to the body of your vehicle. That’s where an auto body shop comes in. Knowledgeable technicians will repair and restore the exterior and non-moving parts of your car. They can:
- Repair dents
- Restore paint to match factory color
- Replace damaged bumpers and body panels
- Repair or replace glass
Before you choose an auto body shop, do your homework. Check out online reviews to see what previous customers think of their work, and ask friends, family or neighbors for recommendations. Your insurance company may also provide a list of preferred body shops. Once you pick a shop, ask the staff these questions:
- How long will the repair take?
- Are the technicians trained to work on my specific vehicle?
- Does the shop install used or aftermarket parts?
- Is a warranty offered on the work?
Fixing the Inside
Even smaller accidents can damage interior parts of your car. An auto repair shop has skilled mechanics on hand who can diagnose and repair any damage, regardless of where it occurred. They can:
- Repair or replace the engine
- Fix a damaged electrical system
- Repair the transmission
Auto repair shops are also where you go for routine vehicle maintenance, like oil changes, brake replacements and engine inspections.
Before choosing a repair shop to fix your car, follow these steps to ensure you’re picking a reputable company:
- Check online reviews
- Compare prices and get an estimate
- Ask the mechanic to explain the problem so you understand the needed repairs
If you’re still on the fence about which body shop to choose, many reputable shops post before-and-after photos in their office or on their website to show customers how they seamlessly repair damage from a collision. This can help you decide if the work is up to your standards.
What About the Warranty?
A warranty is very important, whether you get work done at an auto body or auto repair shop. It ensures that the repair is covered for a certain amount of time, and if it fails during that period, you can take it back to the shop to be fixed at no additional cost. Keep the following in mind when choosing a warranty:
- How long does the warranty last? Check to see when it begins and expires.
- What parts and repairs are covered? Some warranties require you to pay for the labor, while others cover the labor and materials, but not parts, which are sometimes covered by a separate manufacturer warranty.
- Are there any limitations? Many warranties will not cover repairs for defects caused by misuse or lack of proper maintenance.
High-Quality Collision Repair in Golden Valley, MN
Collision Center is your source for auto body repairs in the Minneapolis area. Located in Golden Valley, we’ve been repairing, refinishing and restoring cars in Minnesota since 1958. We remain committed to maintaining the shop’s reputation for excellent repair work and customer service by performing detail-oriented work on every vehicle that rolls into our shop.
Collision Center specializes in making the damage to your car disappear. Our services include:
- Rental cars
- Car wash and vacuum with repair service
- Paintless dent repair
- I-CAR Gold Class® staff
When your car is damaged in an accident, don’t fret! Collision Center is ready to make your car look new again so you can get back to your normal life. Contact us online or call (763) 541-9727 to get a free repair estimate today.